Active Directory Specialist
- Full Time
Job responsibilities include but not limited to:
-Subject matter expert in Active Directory and associated components.
-Develop solutions, procedures, implement test plans, develop migration plans, cross train technical analyst and oversee the implementation.
- Delivers documentation for Active Directory solutions, works with second level support for implementation; serves as a third level escalation support to drive complex incidents or issue resolution.
-Collaborates with solution architects, infrastructure specialists, application teams and project managers. Translate business needs into long-term architecture solutions; integrates applications authentication and authorization based on requirements to on-prem and cloud solutions. Develop strategies for new technologies and implement enterprise deployment in compliance with global standards. Evaluates new products and\or services, provides recommendations and integrate Active Directory systems.
-Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the fields concepts, practices, and procedures. Understand infrastructure services, networking topologies, protocols and practices. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complex tasks. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. May lead, train, and direct the work of others.
-Expert in Active Directory and Microsoft systems and associated components.
-Large Enterprise Active Directory Design experience (greater than 30 Domain controllers) spanning multiple locations and business units.
-Multi-forest expertise with an understanding of Kerberos and NLTM, LDAP and SAML protocols required.
-In-depth understanding of Active Directory Replication, DNS, Site Links, Site Topology, Group Policy, Global Catalogs, Security, Domain Controllers and other core infrastructure components required.
-Experience with the following technologies: Windows Server 2012\2016 required. Ability to use PowerShell to assist in the automation of tasks, required.
- Performance baseline, backup and restore, disaster recovery, troubleshooting and complex problem solving on an enterprise network, large distributed Domain Controllers in multi-forest Active Directory environment.
- Knowledgeable on deploying Domain Controllers, placing, on-boarding of new services, application\systems integration on a large distributed network.
- Experienced on complex problem solving and troubleshooting of authentication services and systems integration.
- Ability to consult and collaborate with application and infrastructure teams on Authentication / Authorization requirements and integration to directory services.
- Soft skills: Good communicator (writing, verbal), self-learner, team player, flexible, reliable, proactive.
Cloud experience with IAAS and PAAS infrastructures and experience with AzureAD and AWS is desirable.
Specific Skill Requirement
Active Directory Design understanding, Windows Server 2012\2016, PowerShell Scripting & command experience, Domain Controllers promotion & demotion automation, understanding AD trust setup and requirements, troubleshooting AD connectivity and technical issues, Group Policies, AD Sites and Services, AD application integration, understanding of Kerberos and NLTM, LDAP and SAML protocols, ability to write solutions and develop technical instructions as well as coordinate and facilitate implementation.