About the job
Frontend - Engineering Manager
Paytm is India’s leading digital payments and financial services company, which is focused on driving consumers and merchants to its platform by offering them a variety of payment use cases. Paytm provides consumers with services like utility payments and money transfers, while empowering them to pay via Paytm Payment Instruments (PPI) like Paytm Wallet, Paytm UPI, Paytm Payments Bank Netbanking, Paytm FASTag and Paytm Postpaid - Buy Now, Pay Later. To merchants, Paytm offers acquiring devices like Soundbox, EDC, QR and Payment Gateway where payment aggregation is done through PPI and also other banks’ financial instruments. To further enhance merchants’ business, Paytm offers merchants commerce services through advertising and Paytm Mini app store. Operating on this platform leverage, the company then offers credit services such as merchant loans, personal loans and BNPL, sourced by its financial partners.
About the role:
The Engineering Manager role in Paytm is one of the most significant and challenging role in the company. The Ideal Candidate for Engineering Manager role is extremely hands on and technically excellent and exhibits solid engineering principles. Someone who has what it takes to build large scale, high throughput, fault tolerant systems that are used by millions of users. You will be leading one or more of our engineering teams.
- He/She/They should Lead a team of 8 or more engineers that will help deliver on key business results.
- Partner with various stakeholders internal and external to ensure smooth delivery of committed stories.
- Demonstrate solid experience in all parts of technology stack including applications, infrastructure, performance, data and others. Ensure systems are built to scale.
- Mentor and develop team members to guide and help them achieve their full potential.
- Ensure Operational Excellence of your systems.
Skills that will help you succeed in this role:
- An ideal Technical Lead would have 9-13 years of experience in building highly scalable UI on the Web/Mobile Product.
- In depth experience with advanced front-end frameworks (E.g. React.JS, PReact.JS, Redux, Redux saga.) and various patterns used in frameworks.
- Advanced knowledge of build systems such as Webpack, rollup etc, including Linting, Minifying, code splitting etc.
- Advanced knowledge of unit testing best practices using libraries like (testing library, jest etc..) and Continuous Integration processes (CI/CD).
- Experience in the design, development and use of component- based UI architectures.
- A strong understanding of approaches and techniques to optimize web performance.
- Strong experience in systems architecture – particularly in complex, scalable and fault tolerant distributed systems.
- Experience in handling high traffic systems.
- Strong sense of ownership, focus on quality, responsiveness, efficiency and innovation.
- Should possess strong stakeholder management skills. Proficient in verbal and written communication skills.
- Practices data driven decision making.
Why join us:
Because you get an opportunity to make a difference and have a great time doing that. You are challenged and encouraged here to do stuff that is meaningful for you and for those we serve. You should work with us if you think seriously about what technology can do for people. We are successful, and our successes are rooted in our people collective energy and unwavering focus on the customer, and that's how it will always be.
If you are the right fit, we believe in creating wealth for you. With enviable 500 mn+ registered users, 21 mn+ merchants and depth of data in our ecosystem, we are in a unique position to democratize credit for deserving consumers & merchants – and we are committed to it. India’s largest digital lending story is brewing here. It’s your opportunity to be a part of the story!